We are proud of the work we do in collaboration with clients. Over the past year we’ve been working with the American Ornithological Society, (AOS), in an effort to help advance their commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Justice.
Recently, AOS provided an update of the work our teams are collaborating on with their community and we’re very excited to share it with you.
Based on a thorough evaluation of AOS’s governing documents, policies, procedures, member surveys, and communications, Diversity Crew developed a draft Diversity Audit for AOS. This audit includes guidance on:
• elements to include in the next major revision of our Bylaws, scheduled for 2022;
• how to improve and better communicate AOS’s diversity statement;
• strengthening our Code of Conduct and Ethics;
• developing a list of core values to serve as a guideline for AOS’s culture and identity; and
• improving our communications about diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
We have already begun to incorporate many of Diversity Crew’s insightful suggestions into our ongoing work. We will be submitting a comprehensive revision of the AOS Code of Conduct and Ethics for Council’s final approval this month, and our long-term strategic planning efforts will be kicking into high gear in 2022; one step in this initiative will be to develop AOS’s core values.https://americanornithology.org/advancing-aos-commitment-to-diversity-inclusion-equity-justice/
View the entire update from AOS here.
If you’re looking for a company to partner with that can help you advance your current DEI efforts, or help you identify where to start, contact us today at LetsGo@DiversityCrew.com.