Dana is a strategic health and social impact designer whose holistic approach to equity advancement facilitates the alignment of human and commercial interests, effectively bridging the corporate, care, and community gap.
Dana’s work focuses on strengthening the public health infrastructure as a whole through a person-centered, integrative, and transformative practice which includes workforce development and diversification, performance and quality improvement, brand experience management, leadership and systems-level change management, accreditation, evidence-based programming, marketing and communications, strategic planning and social impact strategy development.
She promotes the value of equity-centered design and specializes in corporate social impact activation, brand activism, and the cross-sector co-creation of shared values in building a culture of wellbeing.
As a strategist and practitioner, Dana leads multi-stakeholder initiatives, contributing to the development of comprehensive health equity portfolios. She has over 25 years of experience in the health ecosystem, including experience in inclusive marketing and communications, social impact design, instructional and curriculum design, medical and sociocultural anthropology, graphic and service design, holistic branding experience and management, education, credentialing, accreditation, governance, DEI and corporate philanthropy.
Dana is a member of the Greater Kansas City Black Achievers Society, serves on the Board of Directors for the Social Marketing Association of North America. She gets especially excited when talking about her work with youth, where she teaches social entrepreneurship and supports them in the development of social enterprises.
Her greatest joy, however, is her family. Dana and her husband share over 20 years of marriage and four brilliant and beautiful children who keep them very busy and hilariously entertained.
Certifications & Education
- BS, Public Health Education
- MLA, Social Sciences and Education / Instructional Design
- DrPH, (Doctor of Public Health) 2023
- Health Equity Advancement
- Patient/Provider Concordance
- Workforce Diversification
- Instructional Design
Most Requested Presentations
- Sociopolitical Determinants of Health (SDOH)
- Racialized Health Disparities
- Organizational Accountabilities
- Health Literacy
- Cultural Humility
Awards & Recognition
- AHA IFDHE Fellow, 2022 Cohort (American Hospital Association, Institute for Diversity and Health Equity)
- Credentialed in Health Care Marketing
- Certified Brand Strategist
- Certified in Professional Marketing Management
- Social Marketing Association of North America (SMANA), Board of Directors
- SMANA, DEI Committee, Coordinator
- Black Achievers Society of Greater Kansas City, 2022 Award Recipient