We are excited to announce our next ROI of DEI event to be held live and in-person this Summer.
Date: July 23rd, 2021, 9am-3pm
Location: The Castle Rochester, MN
- 9:00 – Opening (Eve Mayer)
- 9:20 – DEI 101 (Chris Moreland)
- 9:50 – Seth Butler – Spoken Word Performance
- 10:00 – Chief Diversity Officer Panel Moderated by (Chris Moreland) featuring:
- 10:50 – Break
- 11:00 – Health Equity (Kellie Goodson)
- 11:25 – How Employers Can Deliver Health Equity (Anton Gunn)
- 11:50 – Seth Butler – Spoken Word Performance
- 12:00 Jang-Mi Rochester Korean Drum School
- Lunch Break
- 1:00 – LGBTQ+ 101 (David Gifford-Robinson)
- 1:25 – Inclusive and Agile Leadership (Anton Gunn)
- 1:50 – Kirthi Manivannan – Ragamala Dance School
- 2:00 – Break
- 2:10 – Unconscious Bias (Chris Moreland)
- 2:30 – DEI Questions Answered Panel Moderated by Eve Mayer featuring:
- 3:00 End
Also Appearing: Stories of Stigma and Strength
Presented by Ojas Bhagra
Diversity Crew would like to invite you to our very first in-person ROI of DEI event on Friday, July 23rd in Rochester, Minnesota. This one-day event will take place at The Castle, bringing in some of the most in-demand diversity, equity and inclusion speakers and executives from across the country.
Our presenters will share real actions you can take now to increase equity in race, gender, ethnicity, accessibility, lgbtq+, health and more.
We will also be awarding one scholarship valued at $1,999 for a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Certification from Diversity Crew Institute to one attendee during the event. There will also be door prizes including books on DEI topics and t-shirts provided by Out Rochester.
This free event, sponsored by Collider, is for anyone hoping to gain techniques to treat fellow humans better. To view our 9am to 3pm schedule and sign up to attend please here soon. Attendance is free but capacity is limited. We look forward to seeing you at ROI of DEI – Rochester, Minnesota on July 23rd!
At the conclusion of the event, Diversity Crew will be giving away two books written by our Diversity Crew Partners
Post Pandemic Renaissance
The workplace is getting geared up for a rebirth…
…and there are challenges.
Many of us are wondering things we aren’t sure how to ask like:
- Should I discuss race in the workplace?
- Are team members experiencing financial or emotional loss from the pandemic that might affect their ability to focus?
- When and how do we create culture and engagement since all of or part of our workforce is now remote?
- Is active listening the most important skill currently needed for a leader?
We have gathered some of the brightest Chief Diversity Officers and DEI strategists to tackle these issues and more. We will interview and host discussions on race, health equity, psychological safety, gender equity, LGBTQ+, religion, ageism, and accessibility.
Karamu House is America’s oldest Black producing theater and will be providing four virtual performances from incredible Artists during this event.
Learn more about the amazing history and artistic impact of Karamu House at their website.
Since 1921, AFB has been a leader in expanding possibilities for the nearly 25 million Americans living with vision loss. They are committed to creating a more equitable world for people with disabilities. AFB will be providing two virtual performances from incredible Artists during this event.
Learn more about the incredible work going on at the American Foundation for the Blind website
The ROI of DEI
2021 is the year that many organizations will invest heavily in diversity, equity, and inclusion. And leaders are asking bold questions about what the return on investment will be.
The content will provide you with insights you can implement immediately to affect real improvements in equity in the areas of race, ethnicity, gender, lgbtq+, religion, age, disability, and accessibility.
We will discuss a wide variety of issues including but not limited to:
- How and why to talk about race at work
- Psychological safety in the workplace
- Building culture in a remote workplace
- How and why to add pronouns to your email signature
- Expanding recruiting efforts to increase equity
- Why listening is the most important leadership skill
You’ll hear directly from CEO’s, Chief Diversity Officers, and DEI strategists who will each share one thing your organization could do to treat people better in 2021.
About ROI of DEI
ROI of DEI is an event series presented by Diversity Crew bringing together some of the brightest minds in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Registration to the events is free. Join us to hear from executives, DEI practitioners, business owners, and community leaders with insights and advice that will help you move your organizations forward on it’s DEI journey, treat humans better, and produce a real ROI for your investment in DEI.