Jane’s varied life and career experiences have uniquely prepared her to assist organizations and individuals identify and capitalize on the strengths and passions of their work families. Jane’s upbringing in the rural, southern, largely monolithic community inspired immense curiosity about people diverse from her.
That curiosity begets Jane’s ongoing quest to learn about philosophies, religions, and practices in a respectful manner while fundraising for non-profits and attending college and law school as far away from her hometown as permitted by her parents.
As an attorney, Jane has historically served as a de facto diversity, equity, and inclusion advocate when approached for advice about navigating the issues in the office. Jane quickly realized how a hierarchical power structure marginalized a substantial percentage of the employees across departments. In those instances, almost everyone fails to meet their potential, and the big winners could have won bigger.
More recently, she has assumed a leadership role in Employee Resource Groups and encouraged meaningful succession planning. Jane freely acknowledges the fear that DEI issues can create. She implements storytelling in a psychologically safe place to establish the understanding necessary to reduce fear and increase empowerment in the participants.
Certifications & Education
- Diversity Crew Institute – DEI Certification
- B.A. in Philosophy and Psychology from Yale University
- J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School
- Certified in U.S. (CIPP/US) and European (CIPP/E) privacy law by the International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Member of the state bars of Washington and Texas.
- Listening Sessions
- Legal Arena
- Corporate Social Responsibility
Most Requested Presentations
- Seeing the Unseen in the Media
- Leaving a Vocational Legacy
- Tell Me Your Story