Kellie is a thought leader in the areas of health equity and person/patient and family engagement (PFE) in health care quality and safety improvement. She has worked with multiple health systems to improve patient outcomes using the lens of health disparities identification and resolution paired with the tenets of quality improvement. She has led a multi-year analysis of hospitals leveraging and deploying PFE in quality and safety improvement that demonstrated a correlation between implementation of PFE and improvements in patient outcomes, specifically lower rates of 30-day readmissions and falls with injury.
Kellie co-led national Affinity Groups for the topics of PFE and health equity for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and has served on national committees for the National Quality Forum and the Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care. An experienced speaker, she champions the inclusion of patient voices in health care improvement efforts and building partnerships with patients, families, and providers to transform health care delivery and outcomes.
Kellie received her Bachelor of Science in Business from the University of New Hampshire and her Master of Science in Integrated Health Care Management from Western Governors University. She is also a Certified Patient Experience Professional (CPXP).
Born and raised in New Hampshire, Kellie moved to Dallas at the start of her career where she met and married her husband over 20 years ago. They have a very busy household with three children and two dogs.
Certifications & Education
- Diversity Crew Institute – DEI Certification
- B.S., Business – University of New Hampshire
- M.S., Integrated Health Care Management – Western Governors University
- Certified Patient Experience Professional (CPXP)
- Industry Focus: Medical/Healthcare
- Health Equity
- Patient and Family Engagement
Most Requested Presentations
- Understanding the Americans with Disabilities Act
- How to Assess Organizational Readiness to Identify Health Disparities
- Engaging Patients and Families in Quality Improvement
Awards & Recognition
- Connecting with patients and families during COVID-19 – Part 2
- Connecting with patients and families during COVID-19 – Part 1
- ROI of DEI with Kellie Goodson: Healthcare Inequities and Acting on Change
- The Ins and Outs of Communicating with Patients to Build Trusting Relationships and Improve Care
- PATH Tuesday Table Talk