Kim is a passionate leader with a talent for supporting diverse stakeholders coming together to solve challenges of diversity, equity and inclusion. Her career in diversity, equity and inclusion began over 15 years ago in brand management at Procter and Gamble, where she led multicultural marketing for major company brands. Following her time at Procter and Gamble, she served the Mayor of Baltimore as Deputy Director of Policy and Communications, as well as the Commit Partnership in Dallas; a local non-profit focused on addressing educational inequities. In each of these roles, she focused on a systems approach to decrease educational and economic disparities.
Kim’s approach to diversity, equity and inclusion (head, heart and hands) stems from her passion and expertise in personal leadership development, deep work in supporting equitable policy through her service in the non-profit and public sectors and talent for translating challenges into sustainable strategies.
Kim serves as an executive coach for the Social Change for Leadership Program at Stagen Leadership Academy, a 52-week leadership program designed to amplify and elevate the voice of powerful women leaders. Through her executive coaching, Kim specializes in issues of Diversity Equity and Inclusion.
Kim also has a certificate in Diversity and Inclusion from Cornell University and is certified in the Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation Behavior (FIRO-B) Assessment, She has a B.A. in Marketing and International Business from Georgetown University and a M.A. in Public Policy from Johns Hopkins University.
Certifications & Education
- B.A. Marketing – Georgetown University
- M.A. Public Policy – Johns Hopkins University
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Certificate – Cornell University
- Certified in the Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation Behavior (FIRO-B) Assessment
- Racial Equity
- Inclusive Leadership Teams
- Executive and Emerging Leader Coaching
Most Requested Presentations
- Leadership for Women of Color
- How Organizations Address Racial Equity
- How to Create Organizations that Foster a Sense of Belonging
Awards & Recognition
- Daily Record 2014 Leading Women Winner