What people are saying about Michelle:
“The sheer passion, and ability to be herself without any hesitation. She embraced her story, yet it didn’t control her. Loved every bit of it!”
“Michelle was a great speaker, so passionate and true to herself. She was inspiring.“
“I loved Michelle’s energy!”
Michelle is a highly sought-after speaker, wellness coach, presenter, performer, and self-help author. From high-profile international and national companies to famous athletes and legendary icons, to visionary non-profits and leading local organizations, Michelle serves her clients as a DEI expert and certified health and wellness coach, cultural competency trainer, mindfulness meditation teacher, group conflict negotiator, and an award-winning business consultant. She launched her first business in marketing and speaker training while attending graduate school at Cornell University and later founded two other enterprises focused on health, healing, leadership development, and executive coaching.
As an internationally certified stress reduction expert and internationally certified Reiki Master Teacher and Karuna Reiki® Michelle has delivered more than 4,000 talks, keynotes, and facilitated training experiences since 1990, positively influencing thousands around the globe. She has opened for and shared stages with international icons such as Maya Angelou, Howard Zinn, and the Dalai Lama. In addition to these career highlights, Michelle has helped C-suite executives close million-dollar deals, boosted the brands of leading non-profits inspired global retreat attendees with Mindvalley.com, and motivated hundreds of thousands of people around the world. She holds a graduate degree in Organizational Communication and Risk Communication from Cornell University.
Named an “Outstanding Woman You Should Know” by Cayuga Radio Group and a “Politician on the Rise,” by Capitol News, Michelle is a former Alternate Acting Mayor for the City of Ithaca, a former Elected Delegate for President Barack Obama in the (former) 22nd Congressional District of New York State, and a former TV reporter covering The White House and Capitol Hill for The Newsfeed Network in Washington, D.C.
Michelle has been featured by/appeared in Good Morning America, Gannett Newspapers, O-Magazine, NPR affiliates, and numerous other media outlets. She’s also a 2x TEDx Speaker (“Waking Up to Your Wonderful Life,” and “Heartfelt Communication in Stressful Times”); and a 2x SXSW in 2018 for her address, “Mindful Self-Care as the Antidote to Burnout at Work,” which garnered an encore. Other distinctions include national awards in brand management and marketing; advocacy for girls and women; and distinguished recognition in “Career Excellence and Community Service,” from both her alma maters, Binghamton University and Cornell University. Michelle is currently a member of the President’s Council of Cornell Women and Chief.com.
She currently resides with her family in New York.
Certifications & Education
- Certified Health and Wellness Coach – American Union of Neurolinguistic Practitioners
- Certified Group Conflict and Intervention Specialist – International Critical Incident Stress Foundation
- Certified ISO 9000 Trainer, Cultural Competency
- Certified Public Relations Expert – Global Certifications
- Certified Critical Incident Stress De-Briefer – International Critical Incident Stress Foundation
- Certified Karuna Reiki Master & Usui Reiki Master Teacher
- Certified Work-Life Balance Educator – e-Cornell
- Company Culture
- Mindful Team Development for DEI
- Business case for DEI
- Executive Coaching
Most Requested Presentations
- Mindful Self-Care as the Antidote to Burnout at Work
- Tapping into Inter-generational Talent at Work
- Making the Connection Between Work, Wealth, and DEI
- Building Resilience Teams Through Mindful Work & Cultural Competency
- Articulating the Difficult: How to Speak with Clarity & Authenticity
- Creating Safe Space for Affinity Groups
- Building Resilient Teams to Manage Stress, Change, and Conflict
- Using Humor in Effective Stress Management
Awards & Recognition
- Inaugural Achievement Award for Outstanding Town-Gown 2018
- Relationships and Career Excellence in Health, Wellness,
- Government and the Arts by Cornell University President Martha Pollack and her Senior Team at the University
- Accepted to “Hive Global Leaders Program,” Harvard University 2018
- Citation, Best Meditation Experts List 2017
- Citation, “9 Meditation Experts to Follow to Improve Your Life,” 2016
- “Top 10 Meditation Experts” 2015
- Commissioned Poet, Cornell SC Johnson Business School, Cornell University 2015
- In honor of Tuskegee Airman and first black Cornell MBA graduate Mr. Wilbur Parker.
- Commissioned Poet, Johnson Museum of Art, Cornell University 2015
- “Impressions through Prints – a Five-Century Overview of the Printmaking Arts.”