Seth is a spoken word artist who spearheads conversations and initiatives around diversity, equity, inclusion, and faith.
He facilitates discussions with the goal of helping others grow in their understanding of race relations in our society and he also uses poetry in his various platforms to spark conversations about the intersection of faith and racial justice.
Certifications & Education
- Diversity Crew Institute – DEI Certification
- B.S., Human Development and Family Studies, Colorado State University
- M.S., Student Affairs in Higher Education, Colorado State University
- Conversations about race relations
- Law Enforcement Interaction
- Race throughout History; historical context and today.
Most Requested Presentations
- Diversity 101
- White Privilege
- Belonging “What is it, and why does everyone deserve sense of belonging?”
- Spoken Word Performances include:
- Walmart: this piece focuses on implicit bias and racial micro aggressions—most common follow up conversations center on: black mental/emotional health and the angry black man.
- Black Man: this piece focuses on growing up black in a predominantly white area—most common follow up conversations center on colorism, code switching, and black identity crisis
- We Are Human: this piece focuses on breaking down the racial divide by confronting implicit bias tied to skin color—most common follow up conversations center on stereotypes, and lived experiences.
- The Power of A Friend: this piece focuses on the power of human connection and friendship that was lost during the pandemic and racial protest of 2020–most common follow up conversations center on the value of connection and working through disagreements.
Awards & Recognition
- NASPA Regional Conference (Rising Star Award Recipient) 2013
- Male Student Athlete Leadership Award Recipient for Colorado State Athletics 2013
- Featured Speaker: We The People: Challenges and opportunities of living in America today, 2021