Stacey Givens is a project management expert, an organizational consultant, and a career coach passionate about elevating women of color as leaders in corporate spaces. Her DE&I journey has led to speaking engagements on diversity, networking, and leadership to HR professionals, executives, and women throughout the Metroplex.
A lifelong learner, Stacey earned her MBA from the University of Texas at Dallas, a Bachelor of Science in Marketing from Portland State University, an Organizational Consulting Certificate and Graduate Certificate in Project Management, and a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate from PMI.
She hosts Real Talk Thursday’s on Facebook Live where she offers expertise and lessons learned throughout her 20-year project management career for new and experienced project leaders. An avid reader, podcast fanatic, and blogger known for her conversation-starting eyewear, Stacey is the voice behind the Queen of Shades blog, where she writes about diversity matters, consumerism in the 21st Century, and her favorite topic: fashionable eyewear.
In addition to working with Diversity Crew, Stacey founded The Givens Consulting Group to coach BIPOC women leaders destined for success and deliver professional development workshops for teams to lead with authenticity as they build their social capital.
Certifications & Education
- Diversity Crew Institute – DEI Certification
- B.S. Marketing, Portland State University
- M.B.A. Project Management, University of Texas – Dallas
- Graduate Certificate Project Management – Naveen Jindal School of Management, University of Texas – Dallas
- Certificate Organizational Consulting, University of Texas-Dallas
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Career Coaching for BIPOC Women
- Deaf and hard-of-hearing Communities
- Talent Development & Retention
Most Requested Presentations
- Intergenerational Relationships in the Workplace
- Psychological Safety
- Leading with Inclusion
- Impostor Syndrome – The Authentic You
Awards & Recognition
- Scholar with Distinction, University of Texas – Dallas