Telesa serves as the Principal Consultant for Converge, a Black-owned, women-owned, social justice consulting firm with a purpose is to accelerate the creation of a radically just new world where communities of color thrive.
Telesa has worked diligently as a community engagement professional in both nonprofit and for-profit sectors for over twenty years. Telesa is a proven and creative project manager who is results-oriented, executes against multiple timelines while remaining client-focused to lead solution-driven initiatives and outlining strategic processes that add value and are aligned against mutual priorities. Her vast experience in community engagement has led her to create organizational efficiencies, mobilize thousands of champions, build strong partnerships and work with a host of stakeholders at all levels while employed at organizations like Georgia State University, Girl Scout Council of Northwest Georgia, United Way of Metropolitan Atlanta, United Way of Metropolitan Dallas, Reading Partners, Make-A-Wish North Texas, Southern Gas Association and Diversity Crew.
Telesa is a native of Chicago, IL, and has been a Texas resident since 2009 with her husband and two children. Her passion includes income taxes, cooking and family. She enjoys chocolate, beach vacations, volleyball and bowling.
Certifications & Education
- Diversity Crew Institute – DEI Certification
- B.A., Social Work, Wilberforce University
- M.A., Urban Policy Studies (Nonprofit Management), Georgia State University
- Certification in Fundraising, Center for Nonprofit Management
- Certified Volunteer Manager, Leadership 101, LLC
- Certified Moderator, Burke Institute
- HR Business Partner, LinkedIn
- Learning & Development Professional, LinkedIn
- Strategic Planning & Process Improvement
- Volunteer, Employee, Community & Member Engagement
- Fundraising, Event Planning & Grant Making